Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thoughts from church...


I love my church! I love our pastors, their families and the people in our church.I'm thankful God brought us to this church.
Yesterday when we left church I had a few things to ponder.None of our pastors were there due to the BMA Convention going on,so another guy from church filled in for the message. His message was on running the race of life.In his message he gave the thought so much that "it doesn't matter how you start the race,what really matters is how you finish." I thought over this and I know that many times I have failed giving "the race" my best.However,I really,really want to be sure to finish it out right! To make the changes I need to now and to run this race with the best I have.When I see Jesus face to face I want to be able to hear Him tell me "Well done thou good and faithful servant." I want to know that I did the BEST I POSSIBLY could do for Him and His Kingdom.
And in Sunday School the teacher read us a little article someone had written,I even forget the writer's name but it really spoke to me.In this little devotional she touched on how we should us our talents to the best of our ability.To make use of our gifts.Everyone has a different set of gifts,maybe you can teach and preach,or maybe you can't do that but you have the gift of encouraging someone or maybe you have the gift of listening.These are all gifts and one is not more important than the other in my opinion.
Later as I was thinking about this, I decided I want to do my best in using the gifts I have...but....I started wondering,what is my gift? How do I know what is my God given talent?
How do you decide or know what gift you were given? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
Just some thoughts from our Sunday service.Once again I'm so thankful to God for christian friends we can worship Him with.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
~Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment