Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries...A new favorite.


Sweet Potato Fries

Recently I saw sweet potatos on sale.One of my friends had recently told me that she makes sweet potato fries and they are yummy.And I know sweet potatos are healthy for you so I decided to give it a try.I found a recipe on Taste of Home and gave it a shot.



Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons beaten egg
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 large sweet potato (14 ounces), peeled
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil

  • MANGO CHUTNEY MAYONNAISE:
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons mango chutney
  • 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
  • Dash salt
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, optional
They were a success...well for the most part anyway :) I loved them hot out of the oven,not so much after they cooled down.Joel likes them,and that is a huge success if I can get him to eat vegetable related things :) But on the children's part they didn't go so well.Brax chewed it then came around and told me "I don't wyke these cawwots," so of course Hailey "didn't wyke the cawwots" either. I made them again since that time and me and Joel enjoyed them :) We do dip them in ketchup instead of this sauce but I expect this sauce would be yummy to.

No comments:

Post a Comment