Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I had a plan....

....for this 50 cent jar that I found at the flea market.The moment I saw it I knew I wanted it,but it was that HUGE decision I always make myself go through before I ended up with it...
""Do I want it? yes! Am I ever going to use it? I don't know...? Where will I store it or will it just be another piece of junk I'll end up with? I don't know....?""
This time common sense told me that it only cost 50 cents and if I end up not using it,it will not be such a huge loss.
So I came home,owner of this beautiful jar.

I knew instantly what I wanted to do with it.I wanted to use chalkboard paint on it.Then possibly use it for a cookie jar.
So I bought my chalkboard paint and painted it.and repainted it about 2 times and could not get it on straight! And that bugged me - ALOT! So I scratched it off and decided to leave it till later.
Joel had off of work 2 days last week so I got him to help me.He's so much better at measuring and squaring things off...and this is what we ended up with.


I like it,LOVE It actually.
And in my mind I have another plan,but I'm not telling, because...well,just because :)

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love that jar and the idea of putting chalkboard paint on it! Lately I've been on a jar binge too...finding them at thrift stores etc. I got one kind of like this except it was small. And fifty cents, wow, what a deal!! Rach

    ReplyDelete