Friday, April 8, 2011

Discouragement...

This morning I read a devotional that I thought I would share.It spoke to me in a few different ways.It made me realize that being a grateful person is the kind of person I want to be.It also made me realize that I want to be careful with my words and actions to other people because I do not want to be used by Satan to discourage another person.I want my life to shine so that I can be an encouragment.

It is good to remember that the teakettle,although up to its neck it hot water,continues to sing.

An old legend tells how a man once stumbled upon a great red barn after wandering for days in a dark,overgrown forest.
Seeking refuge from the forest's incessantly howling winds,he gladly entered the barn.When his eyes adjusted to the dark,he discovered to his great astonishment that he was standing in Satan's storehouse of seeds to be sown into human hearts.More curious than fearful,he lit a match and began to explore the seed bins around him.He couldn't help but notice that the containers labeled "discouragement" far outnumbered any other type of seed.
Just as the man had drawn this conclusion,one of Satan's foremost demons arrived to pick up a fresh supply of seed.The man asked him, "Why the great abundance of discouragement seeds?"
"Because they are so affective and they take root so quickly!" the demon laughed.The man then asked, "Do they grow everywhere?" At this the demon became sullen.He glared at the man and admitted in disgust,"No.They never seem to thrive in the heart of a grateful person."
Today,choose to be thankful in every circumstance.Don't let the seeds of discouragement take root in your soul.

Rejoice evermore.In everything give thanks;for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16,18





No comments:

Post a Comment