Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 !?

Happy New Years to all you you out there!
 
Funny, I wasn't even planning to blog tonight.
But as I sat here listening to my children talk my heart filled with this warm feeling of contentment.
They also happen to give me the giggles!
This next part really has nothing to do with the New Year. It just reminded me of how much I have to be thankful for.
 
 Listening to Braxton and Hailey play (B is playing polly pockets with H :) ) it tickles me to hear them refer to each other as 'hon.' It's "hon" this and "hon" that!
 
I love the way Hailey says "Madawyn Skye" instead of Madalyn. H informed me yesterday that she "wuffs (loves) babies!" May her house be filled to the brim when God calls her to motherhood! ;)
 
And it hits my funny bone to hear Hailey in her cute, high pitched voice say "Sanks." You'd think we live in Amish country. No slam to the Amish at all... it's  just that "sanks" is way more popular there than the proper "thanks!" :)
 
Tonight at the supper table I was lovin' on Madalyn and Braxton pipes up and said "Mommy is a kiss freak!"
Kiss freak if there ever was on! Yep, that's me! :)
 
As I look back over 2012 I see that I have so much to be thankful for! There's many things I regret about this year...but the same things I regret, I'm also very thankful for because through the mistakes I made, I learned some valueable lessons!
Lessons I hope will not need to be relearned in 2013!
 
So here's to the New Year...
 
May I always be more thankful,
May I sing praises to God daily,
May I encourage those around me,
May I be the mother and wife God meant me to be,
May I always see the positive in everyone....
 
these are only a few of the things on my heart.
the list could go on and on!
 
May all of you have a very Happy and Blessed Year!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment